Learning outcomes for the early childhood and family development graduate program
- Candidates will describe the characteristics and influences on an individual’s development to create environments that are healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging.
- Candidates will describe the process to build effective family and community relationships.
- Candidates will describe effective ways to build program development to include but not limited to effective assessment strategies, goals, observations, partnerships, and individual development.
- Candidates will advance cultural competence to enhance interactions with individuals across settings with an ultimate goal of working toward anti-bias practices on a global level. They will view diversity in its broadest context such as family structure, socioeconomic status, individual abilities, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Candidates will demonstrate professionalism in their field of study by describing their content knowledge of their academic disciplines and provide ethical leadership to collaborate with colleagues to create, implement, and evaluate their effective interactions with the community.