To apply to the master’s of special education degree program, you must have a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university.
To be admitted, please take the following steps:
- Complete the graduate school application form
- Have transcripts showing all previous course work forwarded to the Graduate College prior to full admission
- Submit a letter of intent and three letters of recommendation, including one from your present employer and one from an individual who can attest to your academic ability, to Lisa Monkres in the Park Central Office Building, #134.
- You must have obtained a GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work
- You should clearly indicate in your letter of intent the master’s emphasis area or certificate program to which you are applying
- All applications to the graduate program will be required to complete a Family Care Safety Registry background check. If you are a Missouri resident and have not completed the Family Care and Safety Registry (FCSR) form, please do so by following this link http://education.missouristate.edu/services/efe/fcsr.htm and follow the “First Time Registration” instructions. If you have previously completed this form, please print the information from the “Registered” page and fax a copy to Lisa Monkres and John Reinert at 417-836-5008, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are a resident of another state, please complete an FBI background check following this link http://education.missouristate.edu/services/efe/FBI_background_check.htm . Please print the instructions prior to starting your registration information. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Monkres at 417-836-4206.Special Education Certification Programs
If you are interested in applying for the graduate track leading to teacher certification in special education, you must also complete the separate application process on the Teacher Certification Office website.