The position of Special Education Consultant is funded through a grant awarded by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) to the Southwest Regional Professional Development Center (RPDC) with support from Missouri State University.
Special Education Improvement Consultant
Our goal is to provide training to district staff and assist districts in the implementation of effective research-based activities in order to improve the academic performance and post-secondary outcomes to ensure all students but especially students with disabilities graduate college and career ready.
Special Education Compliance Consultant
Our job is to ensure that all assigned responsible public agencies understand and can effectively implement state and federal regulations implementing Part B of IDEA and that any identified non-compliance is corrected within twelve months of identification. To ensure that all responsible public agencies are meeting and/or making progress toward meeting the Compliance indicators in the State Performance Plan (SPP).
Technical Assistance and Support to Your District
The Special Education Consultants can assist districts in addressing the needs of students with disabilities in any of the following ways:
- Regional Trainings through the ATLL
- District, Building or Department level staff development and training
- Analysis of Special Education Performance Profile and MAP scores specific to participation of students with disabilities
- Planning for and addressing the improvement of MAP scores for students with disabilities
- Classroom Support and Assistance for implementation of instructional strategies
- Follow-up and technical assistance for implementation after training
- Compliance Self-Assessments and Corrective Action Planning
- Other requests as made by districts, ATLL or DESE