Technology-Aided Instruction and Intervention
Technology is a powerful natural reinforcer for many learners today. This workshop will help you create a plan to utilize technology to its highest calling, within evidence-based practices we strive to use everyday with each of our students. We will also spend considerable time talking about speech generating devices and where to go when your students come in with a new device.
Learning outcomes include:
- Participants will identify meaningful ways to incorporate technology into multiple evidenced based practices identified as effective for individuals with Autism.
- Participants will learn about various speech generating devices and their ethical use according to the AAC Bill of Rights.
- Participants will identify resources for technology, including AAC devices, locally and beyond.
- Duration: one day
- Mode: online
- Prerequisite: Please complete AFIRM module over technology and aided instruction prior to attendance. A link will be sent in a follow-up email to sign up for the module upon registration in this workshop.
- Target Audience: Special education teachers, regular education teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals, and related services providers.