How Can I Tell If My Relationship Is Healthy?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Can you name at least five characteristics of this person that you really like and admire?
- Is this person glad that you have other friends?
- Does this person ask for your opinion about things?
- Does this person have good relationships with their family and friends?
- Does this person talk and listen to you?
- Do you consider this person a friend?
- Do you act like yourself when you are with this person?
- Does this person have other interests besides you?
- Does this person expect you to say where you have been when you’ve been apart?
- Does this person lose their temper easily?
- Does this person get angry or hurt if you don’t pay attention to them?
- Have you ever seen this person throw, hit or break things when angry?
- Is this person jealous of your friends and relatives?
- Does this person use drugs or alcohol? Do you?
- Does this person have trouble controlling their anger?
These questions are helpful to ask of all of our relationships – friends or dating partners.
Do your answers reflect who you want to be, and to be with, in your relationships?