Student Affairs Organization
The purpose of the Student Affairs Organization (SAO) is as follows:
- To provide professional development opportunities for students pursuing a career in student affairs.
- To increase awareness and understanding of the function of professional associations in the field of student affairs.
- To assist students in the Master's of Student Affairs program in academic and professional skill development.
- To increase awareness of the Master's of Student Affairs program as a field of study.
- To promote cohesiveness and interaction among the students in the Master's of Student Affairs program and to provide a structure through programming, social activities, and special projects.
Officers of the Student Affairs Organization include:
- President - Shannon O'Hagan
- Vice President - Thomas Ragland
- Professional Development Chair - Amy Carmack
- Social Co-Chairs - Kathy Nordyke & Erin Holm
- Student Representatives for the Student Affairs Advisory Council – Richard Monroe (Cohort 3) & Whitney Wolk (Cohort 4)
- Student Affairs Mentor/Mentee Co-Chairs - Jessica Riggs & Daniel Quock
7:30 p.m. Monday, August 30, 2010 - Pummill 304
More events will be announced...
Already suggested events:
Missouri State Football game
Missouri State Basketball game
End of the Year Celebration
See the SAO Summer 2008 Newsletter
2010 Newsletter to be posted soon...
The Student Organization Funding Allocation Council (SOFAC) can help with funding the expense of a conference. Some things to note about funding:
- Organizations can not receive more than $5,000 a year and are limited to $1,000 for conferences
- Conference funds are limited to a maximum of four (4) students each year
- Proposals have to be submitted three (3) weeks in advance
- SOFAC does not pay for association membership dues or food
- SOFAC will not fund university personnel
Information can be found Student Organization Funding Allocation Council.
The SAO Executive Board is now accepting requests to be supported by SAO. Since we are limited by how much funding we receive as an organization, we are asking that you fill out the form below and send to Carmack5440@live.missouristate.edu by October 20th.
The SAO is eager to address any questions you may have. Contact Amy Carmack at the email address listed above if you have any questions.
Click here for the SOFAC Funding Form.