The Missouri State Bear Partnership initiative looks to increase the number of students from underrepresented backgrounds in the College of Education. The program takes freshmen, sophomores, and juniors from the school districts around the state of Missouri and invites them to attend a week-long immersion program on the campus of Missouri State University.
Note: Bear Partnership has been cancelled for 2020 due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Though this was a tough decision for Missouri State to make, we ultimately decided it was best for the safety of our community. We hope to see your application for 2021!
Bear Partnership goals
- Expose students to careers in education
- Prepare students academically and socially for college life
- Participate in ACT prep classes each day
- Attend mini-workshops on fraternity and sorority life, financial aid, and campus job opportunities
- Explore the Springfield area by attending a Springfield Cardinals game, going to Lambert's Cafe, and other events
As a potential Bear Partnership participant, we hope you give us an opportunity to show you why we believe we are the best university and College of Education in the state of Missouri!
Denise Cunningham, Department Head
Childhood Education & Family Studies
Hill Hall 312B