Applying to the Master of Science in Elementary Education program
To be considered for admission into the CEFS graduate program, you must:
- Contact the CEFS graduate program director and
- Apply to BOTH the department of childhood education and family studies AND the Graduate College (Refer to the Graduate College Admission Requirements)
Following admission to graduate study and prior to the completion of nine hours of master's degree coursework at Missouri State, you must submit the following to the director of the Elementary Graduate Program or the department head for childhood education and family studies:
- Proof of a bachelor's degree that meets the requirements for admission to graduate school as stated under the Admission to Graduate Study Section of the Graduate Catalog
In addition, the following materials must be submitted to the graduate program director:
- A letter of intent containing teaching and professional goals, future plans, background information, teaching experiences and option area (see Course Requirements)
- A copy of an appropriate teacher certification or eligibility for teacher certification by a state agency. Applications without certification or eligibility may be accepted with permission from the director of elementary graduate program or the department head of childhood education and family studies.
- Submission of three letters of recommendation from professionals familiar with the candidate's academic abilities and teaching potential.
- Completion of any required prerequisite courses or permission from the director of the elementary graduate program or the department head of childhood education and family studies.