Transfer Students - Education Majors

Welcome to the College of Education! We look forward to assisting you in the transfer process.

The Education Advising Office advises the following majors: Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Middle School and Special Education/Cross-Categorical.

We are located in Strong Hall 107 and observe regular business hours. Secondary Education majors are advised by faculty members in the content area of the major field. Our phone number is 417-836-5429. 

If you have not yet applied to Missouri State, please contact the Admissions Office, Carrington 204, 417-836-5517 or access the admissions website in order to initiate this process. Feel free to contact us for a preliminary appointment before application; however, we can better serve transfer students if the admissions process is completed and all transfer credit is evaluated. This process generally requires two to three weeks to complete.

Transfer students must obtain a signature/release in order to register. Please schedule an appointment with our Advisement Center after the admissions process is completed. Transfer students are allowed to follow the same registration sequence as current students based on number of hours completed. Find your date to register on the Registration Status link on the Academic Tab/My Missouri State.

Current program worksheets detail required course work, sequence and prerequisites and can be accessed through the Education Advisement website or the "majors" bar at the top of this page. This will assist you in taking classes that will transfer and will fulfill program requirements. Requirements are met in the General Education category for students who have completed AA or AAT degrees or a 42 hour block; however, all state certification requirements must be met in majors. Consult an advisor.

Many area community colleges have recently been approved by DESE to offer professional education course equivalents. Visit the Community College Agreements page to view a list of these community colleges and links to specific articulation agreements.

The general website for transfer students is very comprehensive with additional information on the process.