All education students are required to register with the Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR) for their first practicum course. The Educational Field Experiences office processes a current Missouri background check through FCSR each semester a student is enrolled in a practicum or student teaching.
The fee to register online is $13.00 plus a $1.25 processing fee payable with a debit or credit card. Students registering with FCSR for the first time, or those checking to see if they have previously registered, should follow these instructions:
- Go to the Family Care Safety Registy site.
- Click on the Registration tab and then Register.
- On the next screen, click Is A Person Registered? On that screen, enter Social Security number (SSN) twice and the Security Text shown.
- Once this process is complete, the next screen will show the registration status.
- If the SSN was found in the FCSR database, registration is complete. However, to ensure the account remains active, it is necessary to update name, email, or address changes with FCSR by calling 866-422-6872.
- If the SSN was not found in the FCSR database, click Continue and then click Proceed with Registration.
- Click Select if No Employer and from the pull down menu, choose Student.
- Click Continue. On the next screen, select Voluntary from the Selection Criteria menu, then proceed to complete the registration.
The Family Care Safety Registry conducts a search using name, date of birth, and/or Social Security number against the records maintained by the following Missouri state agencies:
- Criminal History records maintained by the MO State Highway Patrol
- Sex Offender Registry records maintained by the MO State Highway Patrol
- Child abuse/neglect records maintained by the MO Department of Social Services
- Foster parent licensing records maintained by the MO Department of Social Services
- Employee Disqualification List maintained by the MO Department of Health and Senior Services
- Employee Disqualification Registry records maintained by the MO Department of Mental Health
- Child Care licensing records maintained by the MO Department of Health and Senior Services
Expiration dates of compliance documents can be viewed in My Missouri State -> Registration -> My Student Records -> Test Scores.
Educational Field Experiences - Hill Hall 215
Compliance Documents - Hill Hall 200
Office Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
Fax number: 417-836-5008