Teacher candidates must create a profile on the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) website. The purpose of the profile is to create an account with DESE in order for information to be viewed/tracked throughout the teaching career. This information includes, but not limited to the following:
- FBI fingerprinting background check clearance
- Assessment Information
- Application for a Substitute Certificate
- Application for an Initial Professional Certificate (IPC)
- Current certification information
Creating a DESE Profile (Use Internet Explorer to create the profile)
- To access the system, first create and register a user ID and password at the following web page: https://apps.dese.mo.gov/weblogin/login.aspx . Click "Register" in the lower portion of the page
- Complete the registration questions
- Click "Create User" (a confirmation message will appear)
- Click "Return to DESE Login page" link
NOTE: Do not create more than one username. Creating multiple usernames will cause the system to deny access to the profile page and certification records. Click "Forgot Username/Password?" in the lower section of the login page to request access to username or to reset password if needed.
2. Connect Username/Password To Web Applications System
Access the DESE Web Application System.
- Enter username and password and click "Login" to access the User Application page.
- Click "Educator Certification System - Request Educator Access" link
- Click "Submit"
- Click "Close" in the small confirmation window
- Click on "Educator Certification System" link
- Enter Social Security Number (SSN) and date of birth (DOB)
- Click "Submit"
- Enter or verify Profile information (proper/legal name - no nicknames) and click "Save Profile"
- Scroll down and complete or edit the Contact Information* section and click "Save"
*An e-mail address must be included in this section, as all correspondence from Educator Certification will be sent via e-mail.
Checking Fingerprinting Results
- Click on Web Applications and log in http://dese.mo.gov .
- Scroll down the page to Fingerprint Information to access results.
Checking Certificate Status
- Go to http://dese.mo.gov, click Web Applications and log in.
- Click on Certificate Status (left menu).
- A listing of all certificates applied for and issued will appear with classification, effective date, and expiration date.