Certificate in Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing: Instruction, Auditory Development and Practice
Karen Engler, Certificate Advisor
Kampeter Health Sciences Hall, Room 258; Phone: 417-836-6674
A 15-credit hour Missouri State University Graduate Certificate in Auditory and Instructional Strategies, Deaf and Hard of Hearing is available to teachers who hold a bachelor’s degree in special education, current teacher certification in special education, and admission to or completion of the Online Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Graduate Certificate. Required course work for the Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing: Instruction, Auditory Development and Practice graduate certificate is as follows:
To be eligible to apply for admission to this program, the student must have:
- An undergraduate degree in special education from an accredited university
- Current teacher certification in special education
- A cumulative GPA (of all coursework) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Admission to or completion of the online Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing graduate certificate
- The following courses or their equivalent completed or in process:
- CSD 621, Conceptually Accurate Signed English I (3 cr.)
- CSD 631, Conceptually Accurate Signed English II (3 cr.)
Required courses (15 hrs)
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|SPE 758||Early Intervention Assessment: Deaf and Hard of Hearing||2 hrs|
|SPE 763||Auditory Development: Deaf and Hard of Hearing||3 hrs|
|SPE 764||Instructional Strategies: Deaf and Hard of Hearing||3 hrs|
|CSD 784||Non-Thesis Project (3 credits spring; 1 credit summer)||4 hrs|
|CSD 795||Advanced Clinical Practicum (1 credit spring; 2 credits summer)||3 hrs|
Knowledge based on experience — Missouri State's approach to learning sets you up for success with insight from expert faculty, personalized advising and practical learning opportunities.
A smart investment in your future — Missouri State is committed to delivering academic
excellence along with affordable costs and extensive financial aid opportunities.