Preparing special needs students for tomorrow
Join a fast-growing field where you’re in demand. Jobs for special education teachers will grow by 8% through 2026.
A bachelor’s degree in special education/cross categorical will lead you to a promising and rewarding career.
Did you know?
- One out of eight teachers in Missouri graduates from Missouri State University.
- Over 220 of our partner school districts offer practicum and student teaching opportunities.
These can lead you to a job after graduation.
Where do special education graduates work?
You can work as a resource teacher, or a teacher in a cross-categorical or self-contained classroom.
This degree prepares you to meet the needs of students with:
- Mild to moderate learning disabilities
- Intellectual disabilities
- Emotional disorders
- Physical and other health impairments
You're there to help teach students who might need special attention in the classroom.