Apply to this program through a central application. Review the sections below before you begin.
Admission and Program Requirements
- Completion of the baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- A personal statement that addresses the applicant's professional career goals and how the program will help accomplish these goals.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A brief resume or curriculum Vita.
- Students for whom English is a second language must earn a minimum score of 79 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a 6.0 on the International English Language System (IELTS).
Previous coursework will be evaluated by program coordinator and prerequisite exceptions will be made based off of course content and knowledge.
Required courses - 12 hours total
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|SPE 619||Methods I: Cognitive and Behavioral Teaching Approaches for Exceptional Learners||3 hrs|
|SPE 660||Working with Families of Exceptional Individuals||3 hrs|
|SPE 710||Problems in Special Education||3 hrs|
|SPE 780||Impact of Contemporary Issues and Diversity in Special Education||3 hrs|