Certificate in Comprehensive Systems of Support
Reesha Adamson, Program Director
Park Central Office Building, Room 103
The Graduate Certificate in Comprehensive Systems of Support provides a 12-hour graduate-level experience for school administrators, teachers, and individuals working at the school building level. The program provides knowledge and expertise in multi-tiered systems of support, positive behavior interventions and supports, response to intervention, and specific strategies for creating levels of support to address intervention beyond restrictive student settings. The certificate is interdisciplinary in nature and provides competencies in comprehensive systems and inclusive educational environments. This certificate is a Missouri State University Certificate and does not meet Missouri State Certification requirements for teaching.
- Completion of the baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- A personal statement that addresses the applicant's professional career goals and how the program will help accomplish these goals.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A brief resume or curriculum Vita.
- Students for whom English is a second language must earn a minimum score of 79 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a 6.0 on the International English Language System (IELTS).
Previous coursework will be evaluated by program coordinator and prerequisite exceptions will be made based off of course content and knowledge.
Required courses - 12 hours total
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|SPE 619||Methods I: Cognitive and Behavioral Teaching Approaches for Exceptional Learners||3 hrs|
|SPE 660||Working with Families of Exceptional Individuals||3 hrs|
|SPE 710||Problems in Special Education||3 hrs|
|SPE 780||Impact of Contemporary Issues and Diversity in Special Education||3 hrs|
Possible career paths
Boost your career as an:
- Related K-12 professional.
Knowledge based on experience — Missouri State's approach to learning sets you up for success with insight from expert faculty, personalized advising and practical learning opportunities.