Educational assistance and guidance
The MAT Program Academic Advisor will guide candidates through the application process and, if the candidate is accepted into the program, will continue to advise the student on their program of study. Your advisor will assist you with course sequencing and registration throughout the MAT program up to the point of certification. Once you have been recommended for initial certification in Missouri, you will be re-assigned to the MAT Program Coordinator as your Graduate Advisor for your last two courses.
The role of both advisors is to:
- Assist you in the selection of coursework for your graduate program
- Evaluate transfer credits as acceptable for meeting program requirements
- Recommend acceptance or rejection of all graduate coursework toward the program of study as listed on your advisor-approved program of study
- Advise and assist you in completion of all Missouri State University and departmental requirements for the degree and certification
You are encouraged to have early contact with your advisor, and if you wish to register online, you must have your advisor complete an electronic release prior to registering.
The following are some ideas for questions you might take to your advisor:
- Questions relating to course sequencing and selection, and certification issues including initial and provisional certificates
- Questions relating to content area coursework and the acceptance of transfer work from other institutions in the content area
- Missouri Content Assessment (MoCA), formerly Praxis II, questions