Earn your education degree at Missouri State
Whether you want to work in a traditional classroom or provide specialized care, these programs are where you start.
Majors within the College of Education
Earn teaching certification for a specific age group.
- Business education (grades 9-12)
- Early childhood education (birth-grade 3)
- Elementary education (grades 1-6)
- Family and consumer sciences (grades K-12)
- Middle school education (grades 5-9)
- Special education/cross categorical (grades K-12)
Work with children and families in a non-school setting.
Secondary education majors: Become a high school teacher
These majors are offered together with other colleges at Missouri State. Your degree comes from the department of the topic you pursue.
You will be certified to teach at the high school level.
Explore secondary education at MSU
Bachelor of Science in Education (BSEd) and Bachelor of Music Education (BME) programs
Teach foreign language, the fine arts or other topics in high school.
- Agriculture education
- Art and design education
- English education
- French education
- German education
- History education
- Mathematics education
- Music-instrumental education
- Music-vocal/choral education
- Physical education
- Spanish education
- Speech/theatre education (communication)
- Speech/theatre education (theatre and dance)
Bachelor of Science (BS) with Master of Arts in Teaching programs
These pathway programs help you become a high school science teacher.
Best of all: You’ll have teaching certification and a master’s degree.
Thinking about graduate school? Get a head start
Most education majors have an accelerated master’s degree option.
You can start on your master’s as you finish your major, saving you time and money.
Boost your major
Add the perfect touch to your bachelor’s degree.
- Environmental STEM for teachers
- Infant and toddler development
- International perspectives in K-12 special education
- Working with families