Family Studies Track
Improve the lives of families
Help families or family members through life's stages. Explore the dynamic factors that impact how they live, grow and adapt to change.
Want to pursue the family studies track? Review the program requirements for the exact courses you need to take.
Use the four-year plan below as a guide for your overall schedule.
What is the family studies track?
This track emphasizes:
- Development over the life span
- Interpersonal relationships
- The practical application of human development theories to children, families and community.
The primary focus is to prepare you to work with people, particularly children, in the areas of human service.
Why pursue the family studies track option?
- Work with people – children, youth and families – that face risks or need support.
- Take the fast-track to a master’s degree in early childhood and family development. Raise your career ceiling and salary potential.
- Want to branch out? Our base coursework gives you a great foundation to pursue graduate study in other areas: therapy, law, public policy and more.
Relationships. Growing families. Change. As life happens for others, you’re there to serve and guide.
Apply classroom theory and learning to your future career field.