Bring assurance in unsure times
As a certified child life specialist, you work with kids and families in health care settings.
You’re there for support, guidance and therapy.
Your expertise makes a big difference. You help others deal with trauma, loss, long-term illness or injury and other challenges.
Standard: Get certified
With certification, you’re better equipped to provide a helping hand.
- Become a practicing certified child life specialist.
- Earn a higher salary
- Meet the psychosocial needs of kids and families facing medical issues.
- Put theory into practice as a lab student, or at your practicum or internship site.
Advanced: Discover new possibilities in child life practice
Already a practicing certified child life specialist? The advanced track sets you up for greater success:
- Conduct research in your clinical practice.
- Start toward your PhD.
- Build the traits for leadership roles. Become a mentor for colleagues or future child life students.
- Increase your salary potential and career options