- Students will complete all the required coursework to sit for the Child Life Professional Certification Exam administered through the Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP) and the Child Life Certification Commission (CLCC).
Gain eligibility to become a Certified Child Life Specialist
This track is for students wishing to pursue a graduate degree in Child Life Studies with no previous background or training in child life. Certified Child Life Specialists are educated and clinically trained to support infants, children, youth and families cope with stress and uncertainty of acute and chronic illness, injury, trauma, disability, loss and bereavement in both healthcare and community settings.
Standard track admission requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with no emphasis or minor in child life studies
- Cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 or higher
- Applicants for whom English is not their primary language are required to demonstrate graduate-level proficiency in English by either having achieved a score of 550 on the paper-based, or a comparable score of 79 on the IBT or internet- based TOEFL, or by other equivalent means.
- Minimum of 100 documented volunteer hours working with children or youth in a health care facility
Expand your skillset and jump-start your career with child life specialist certification.