Program admission requirements
Admission requires the following minimum criteria:
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 for courses taken in the last 60 hours of course work in the undergraduate program. Students who do not meet the GPA requirement must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). GRE minimum scores must be provided prior to the student's registering for more than 9 hours.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language are required to submit appropriate proof of English proficiency. Requirements for TOEFL (minimum 550 -paper or 213 computer); iBT TOEFL (79); IELTS (6); or MSU ELI (Level 5) are required for admission.
- To be considered for admission to this program, a student must submit both the Graduate Application and submit the required Early Childhood and Family Development documents.
- Students must possess a bachelor’s degree and must meet the requirements for admission to the graduate school as states under the Admission to Graduate Studies section of the Graduate Catalog.
- Additional materials must be submitted.
- A letter of intent containing professional goals, future plans, background information, and professional experiences.
- Submission of two letters of recommendation from professionals familiar with the candidate’s academic abilities and potential.
- Completion of any required prerequisite courses or permission from the Director of the Early Childhood and Family Development Program.
- Students may transfer in no more than 9 credit hours which must be approved by the advisor.