Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for the early childhood and family development graduate program
- Students will describe the characteristics and influences on an individual’s development
to create environments that are healthy, respectful, supportive and challenging.
- Students will describe the process to build effective family and community relationships.
- Students will describe effective ways to build program development to include but
not limited to effective assessment strategies, goals, observations, partnerships and
- Students will advance cultural competence to enhance interactions with individuals
across settings with an ultimate goal of working toward anti-bias practices on a global
level. They will view diversity in its broadest context such as family structure,
socioeconomic status, individual abilities, gender and sexual orientation.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism in their field of study by describing their
content knowledge of their academic disciplines and provide ethical leadership to
collaborate with colleagues to create, implement and evaluate their effective interactions
with the community.