- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 32 approved graduate hours with a minimum overall GPA of 3.00.
- No more than 16 hours of 600-level course work may be applied to the degree program.
- Comprehensive Examination. A comprehensive examination must be passed by the candidate before a degree will be granted.
- Research. Completion of one seminar which shall require an extensive paper or major creative work.
- Transfer Credit. A maximum of 9 credit hours of graduate credit may be accepted toward a master’s degree. All transfer credit must be “A” or “B” grade status from a regionally accredited college or university and must be approved by the Department Head or student’s advisor.