Why earn a graduate certificate in online teaching and learning at Missouri State?
- It's 100% online and takes four courses.
- Explore teaching methods specific to online instruction.
- Learn models for synchronous (live) and asynchronous (recorded) online learning.
- Discover how to structure your class, manage your students and improve your teaching methods.
- Try new ways to measure analytics and assessment.
Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning
Ching-Wen Chang, Program Director
Hill Hall, Room 420; Phone: 417-836-5353
The Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning provides a 12 hour graduate-level experience that will prepare students with the skills and knowledge required to be an effective online instructor. The certificate curriculum provides preparation in the areas of online instruction, including pedagogy, and models for synchronous and asynchronous online learning, classroom management, instructional strategies, learning analytics, and assessment. This certificate is a Missouri State University certificate and does not meet the State of Missouri certification required for teaching.
To be considered for the program, a prospective student must meet the admission requirements for a Graduate Certificate at Missouri State University.
Required courses (12 hours)
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|EDT 660||Digital-Age Learning Environments||3 hrs|
|EDT 761||Online Teaching and Pedagogy||3 hrs|
|EDT 764||Instructional Design||3 hrs|
|EDT 765||Educational Media Production||3 hrs|