Apply to this Program and Admission Requirements
Program Admission Requirements
To be admitted into the program, a student must submit the following.
- To be considered for probationary admission to this program, a student must submit both a Graduate Application and Educational Administration program application.
- Students must possess a master’s degree from an accredited institution with an overall GPA of 3.50.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language are required to submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum scores of 550 on the paper-based or a comparable score of 213 on the computer-based TOEFL are required for admission.
- Additional materials which should be submitted.
- A written "Statement of Purpose" containing long-term goals of leadership (minimum 300 words).
- A copy of an appropriate teacher certificate or eligibility for certification by a state agency.
- Program will request a reference from immediate supervisor regarding performance.
- Candidate will submit a personal portfolio that may contain any of the following items to support their application to the program:
- Building Student Outcomes
- Show evidence of impacting student achievement at the building level as evidenced by the School/Building Improvement Plan Data.
- School Leadership
- Provide evidence of leadership roles involved in that last 3 years at the district level.
- Professional Development Plan
- Show evidence that goals set forth in Professional Development Plan are being met.
- List leadership conferences (regional, state, national) attended or presented at during the last 3 years.
- Building Student Outcomes
- Access to the internet and an active email address.
- Submit a professional resume.
- Complete a structured interview with the Educational Administration Program Faculty.
- Upon completion of the probationary entry material (statement of purpose, teacher certification, immediate supervisor questionnaire, impact on learning material, leadership and involvement in the continuous School/Building Improvement Plan, Professional Development Plan, 3.50 GPA for 12hours, personal interview with the department, Family Care and Safety Registry, TB skin test, and resume) the Educational Administration faculty will review application for full admission into the program.
- Internship. Prior to beginning an internship, all students must:
- have on file with the departmental office an internship application that has been completed and signed by the school administrator in the district where the internship is being conducted.
- have completed the Family Care and Safety Registry background check.
- have a TB skin test
Information regarding the completion of the background check and skin test may be obtained from the office of COE Student Services (417-836-5253).