Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for the Master of Arts in Teaching
- MAT candidates will be able to apply the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) content standards to their content areas and their practice.
- MAT candidates will be able to demonstrate professional knowledge, dispositions, and skills in secondary pedagogy to include the major concepts and principles underlying secondary education and developmentally appropriate instructional strategies.
- MAT candidates will able to describe the major concepts, principles, and practice necessary for successful curriculum development and the assessment of students.
- MAT candidates will be able to describe and demonstrate their understandings in the central concepts, tools of inquiry, standards, and structures necessary in their teaching field.
- MAT candidates will be able to demonstrate high proficiency in working with a diverse group of students to include students of different racial backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities, socioeconomic status, sexual orientations, etc. and the intersectionalility of those backgrounds.
- MAT candidates will be able to demonstrate effective integration of technology in their classroom.
- MAT candidates will be able to demonstrate effective communication skills with students, colleagues, and the community.