The Department of Reading, Foundations, and Technology cultivates the professional knowledge, skills, ethical values, and dispositions necessary to thrive in a culturally diverse, technologically advanced, and globally connected society.
The Department of Reading, Foundations, and Technology is committed to enhancing the learning and life experiences of all students, schools, and communities and believes in the power, value, and purpose of educators.
- Civic and global engagement
- Culturally responsive teaching
- Creative and critical inquiry
- Ethical reasoning and professional integrity
- Equity and social justice
- Professional knowledge, skills and dispositions
- Cultural consciousness
- Digital citizenship