Priority consideration for Graduate Assistantships: March 1, 2021
Final application deadline: August 13, 2021
Program Admission Requirements
In addition to the Graduate College admission requirements, the Student Affairs in Higher Education (SAHE) M.S. program requires the following:
- A grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.00 scale, OR at least a 2.75 grade point average on a 4.00 scale for the last 60 hours of academic coursework.
Prospective students who intend to pursue full-time graduate study in the SAHE program are required to obtain a graduate assistantship. A grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale, OR at least a 3.00 grade point average on a 4.00 scale for the last 60 hours of academic coursework is required.
Applicants for whom English is a second language are required to submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum scores of 550 on the paper-based or a comparable score of 213 on the computer-based TOEFL are required for admission.
Required Application Materials
To apply to the Student Affairs in Higher Education (SAHE) M.S. program, the following materials must be submitted via GradCAS:
- Application to MSU's SAHE program, including $55 application fee ($115 for international students)
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions of higher education
- Missouri State University undergraduates do not need to request official transcripts at the time of application, but will be required to submit them prior to enrollment.
- Statement of purpose
- Your written personal statement (minimum of 300 words) should describe your professional and/or personal goals, discuss how the degree will contribute to those goals, and indicate the experiences that have prepared you for graduate study in student affairs.
- Resume or curriculum vita (CV)
- Three letters of recommendation
- These letter should be written by individuals familiar with your academic abilities, undergraduate co-curricular involvement experiences, and professional potential.
How to Apply
Apply to the Student Affairs in Higher Education (SAHE) M.S. program by completing the following steps:
- Create a GradCAS account and submit a completed application to MSU's SAHE program (see Required Application Materials above).
In addition, all students intending to pursue full-time graduate study in the SAHE program should also:
- Complete a graduate assistantship application (view our list of available graduate assistantships).
- Register for Graduate Recruitment Weekend (GRW), which includes uploading your graduate assistantship application, resume/CV, cover letter, and contact information for a minimum of three references. If and when your references are contacted, these individuals should be able to discuss your undergraduate co-curricular involvement experiences and professional potential. These individuals may be the same or different individuals who submitted letters of recommendation as part of your GradCAS application to the SAHE program.