Investing in your education, staying connected in the future
Our department and the College of Education encourage you to become involved with student organizations during your time at Missouri State. You will meet other students in your field who have the same career aspirations as you, and you will also build networking connections to help you in the future.
Missouri State offers the following student clubs in education:
- Student Interest Council - International Reading Association (SIC-IRA)
- Kappa Delta Pi (KDP)
- Student Missouri State Teachers Association (SMSTA)
- Student National Education Association (SNEA)
In addition to student organizations, Southwest Missouri Beginning Teacher Assistance (B.T.A.) Collaborative, is available to:
- All southwest Missouri educators in their first three years of teaching
- All Missouri State teacher education graduates throughout Missouri and beyond
The program provides access to on-going professional development for educators within the first three years of their teaching careers.