International Reading Association
The International Reading Association was founded in 1956 as a professional organization for those involved in teaching reading to learners of all ages. Our members are dedicated to promoting high levels of literacy for all by improving the quality of reading instruction, disseminating research and information about reading, and encouraging lifelong reading habits. Whether your interest is research or practice, traditional print-based reading and writing or the "new literacies" of the Internet age, new readers or those acquiring higher level skills, we offer something for you.
- Membership in an organization that has been on campus 33 years
- The Missouri Reader twice a year
- The Missouri IRA Newsletter twice a year
- Speakers discussing important topics in education
- Discounted membership to the Springfield Council of the IRA
For more information, contact advisor Dr. Cathy Pearman.